Here is how the project day went, though:
- ~7:15 a.m. I discover there are open houses in one of the developments we may be interested in several years when we save up for our dream house on the lake/river. Dad and I decide to go to them and we piss Mik off who now says no haircut and no working on his room this afternoon, so the new family project becomes switching the bookcase from living room with the piano in Dad's office.
- 7:45 a.m. Mom, Dad, and I go to Farmer's Market as planned
- 9 a.m. Dad and I leave to go to open houses and Mom goes to work
- 10 a.m. We discover no signs and no cars for there to actually even be open houses at any of the four houses advertised, although one not advertised was oddly open unmanned and unfurnished, but it was not on the water.
- ~1 p.m. Dad and Mik are trying to decided what to make for lunch and decide to go to Panera Bread and use up a gift card we had. I go with since it is also a good time to go by Target and pick up the rest of the Disney gift cards for our cruise next week. As we leave Target Mik suddenly decides that while we are out he might as well get a haircut.
- ~3:30 p.m. We get home and instead of starting a family project Dad and I decide to figure out where our lawn mower basket is we ordered from Lowe's online and had not heard about it being in like it was expected. We find it is at the store and leave to go get it. On the way we end up finally stopping at Mad County Winery and tasting their fruit wines. Mom and Mik were napping when we left and when we got home.
- 6:30 p.m. Dad, Mom, and I decide to play Rock Band
I guess we did get some to dos done, but it sure ended up seeming like more of a Fun Day than a Project Day and we certainly never did anything towards accomplishing any of the proposed projects for the day. Maybe, tomorrow or our next weekend we are all home (i.e. a month or two!). One thing is for sure I am determined this week's project of installing my cabinets will happen!!!
Post a Comment