I did not really follow the directions I had seen, as they recommended mod podge and other stuff I did not have around the house. What I did have, though, was a container with some of the white paint for finishing the edging in my room.
In my first attempt to turn the spoons into garden markers, I was quite lazy and decided to just dip the spoons in the paint. I did let some of the paint drip off, but I really was going for quick and did not really let enough drip off. Thus, I ended up with them not really drying all the way through and the back of the spoon ended up with a spot not covered or still wet where it was resting on the wax paper. This was after drying overnight.
I ended up easily rinsing off the paint and picking off the rest. Next up I am going to just paint them with a paintbrush, so I do not end up with the pools of paint accumulating in the concave part of the spoon.
While it did not work out so well, as rushing a project usually does not, but I did make a cool video of dipping the spoons.